225g Smoked Salmon slices
1 medium tub half fat crème fraiche
225g mashed potato
75g pinhead / medium oatmeal
15mls (1tblsp) rapeseed oil
1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
Sm. pinch of freshly milled salt
Freshly milled pepper
Flour for dusting (or gluten free if you use oatmeal)
• Pre-heat griddle / frying pan.
• Combine all scone ingredients and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
• Roll to 5mm thickness and cut into plain rounds.
• Cook on pan for 10mins, turning once.
• Serve warm with scoop of crème fraiche and a generous slice of salmon.
Makes approx 8
If Purple Majesty are not in season then use another high quality floury potato - but you won't get the amazing colour!
Also delicious with cured herring... crayfish herring I think would taste amazing with these.