200g Wholemeal flour
1 level tsp baking powder
freshly milled pepper
2 rashers lean back bacon, grilled until crispy and crumbled.
1 beaten egg
approx 100mls semi skimmed milk
• Pre-heat oven 200 C.
• In a bowl, rub butter into seasoned flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
• Add bacon bits and stir.
• Make a well in the dry ingredients and add egg with half the milk.
• Using a knife, stir together, adding more milk as necessary until the mixture forms large lumps.
• Work together lightly on a floured surface.
• Shape into a circle. Flatten lightly with hand and cut into 8.
• Bake on a tray for 10mins and eat hot or cold.