100g rolled oats
25g chopped mixed nuts
25g sesame seeds
…plus 25g wheatgerm / sunflower seeds / dessicated coconut (optional)
25g brown sugar
• Place empty frying pan on a medium high heat. When heated through, pour in oats and stir for a couple of mins.
• Add remaining ingredients apart from the sugar and “dry-fry” in pan for a further 6-8mins until most of the ingredients are toasted.
• Finally scatter in sugar and stir quickly for a minute whilst sugar melts.
• Remove from heat and continue stirring until thoroughly mixed.
• Serve with natural yoghurt
• Sprinkle granola over a portion of fresh fruit salad
• Scatter granola with chopped fresh apple.