1 large yellow beet
Local rapeseed oil
Salt, pepper & herbs
2 leftover cooked potatoes
Homemade chicken/vegetable stock if available
All fresh produce from Fredriksdal Estate
• Cube beets and slice onions.
• Roast the vegetables on a tray in a hot oven with a drizzle of rapeseed oil until softened - about 20 minutes.
• Place the vegetables in a soup pan, deglaze baking tray with water or vegetable stock, and add these juices to the pan.
• Add sufficient water or stock to cover the vegetables and simmer until very soft.
• Add broken up cooked potatoes and blend the mix until smooth.
PS Yes I know these are not beets pictured...my apologies...will need to take a picture next time I make it!